About the Job
Are you passionate about the power of data and its potential to drive business decisions? Join Loop, where we are at the forefront of providing unparalleled data to our merchants that cannot be replicated by anyone else.
As a Data Scientist at Loop, you will play a crucial role in our data-driven journey, contributing to the development of data-based products and delivering invaluable insights through modern techniques.
Our vision is to empower everyone to independently answer their business questions, and you will be an integral part of shaping the frameworks and culture that promote effective data utilization across our organization.
|Salary||$116,000 to $174,000 per year|
- Extract data from various sources, performing exploratory data analysis, and ensuring data cleanliness, transformation, and aggregation.
- Develop quantitative analysis, tools, ad hoc reports, and models to support strategic business decision-making.
- Utilize statistical concepts and descriptive statistics to gain insights and confidently describe relationships within the data.
- Build predictive models and complex descriptive analytics, including segmentations and hypothesis testing.
- Collaborate with Data Engineering and Analytics Engineering teams to implement analytic insights and recommendations into our business processes.
- Write high-quality, reliable, readable, efficient, and testable code, while providing comprehensive code reviews and documentation.
- Understand general business trends and align your work within a broader business context.
Applicant Requirements / Qualifications:
- Minimum of 3+ years of experience in data science, decision science, or related quantitative fields.
- Proficiency (3+ years) in using statistical or scripting software such as Python or R for data analysis.
- Strong background (2+ years) in writing and optimizing complex SQL queries.
- Experience in statistical modeling and data analysis, including significance testing, regression modeling, decision trees, and k-means clustering.
- Familiarity with advanced statistical methods (Bayesian, GLM, time series) or machine learning techniques (boosting, CART, neural networks, SVM).
- Demonstrated ability in finding, cleaning, and manipulating data from multiple sources to build analytical datasets.
- Ability to define simple, intuitive, and actionable metrics to support data-driven decision-making.
- Flexibility and enthusiasm for working in a fast-paced, ambiguous, and rapidly changing environment.
If you are a talented and proactive Data Scientist seeking a challenging yet rewarding opportunity, apply now and be part of the driving force behind Loop’s data-centric future. Let’s transform the way businesses make decisions through data-driven insights!