Urgent Recruitment For Farm Workers In USA
Agriculture is a major industry in the United States, which is a net exporter of food. As of the 2007 census of agriculture, there were 2.2 million farms, covering an area of 922 million acres (3,730,000 km2), an average of 418 acres (169 hectares) per farm.
Although agricultural activity occurs in every state in the union, it is particularly concentrated in the Great Plains, a vast expanse of flat, arable land in the center of the nation in the region west of the Great Lakes and east of the Rocky Mountains.
A farmer who raises only crops will be responsible for preparing land for planting, caring for the crops and harvesting. … Farmers who raise livestock might also raise crops to feed their animals, in which case they may also need to store their crops to feed the animals during the winter months.
- Harvest and inspect crops by hand.
- Irrigate farm soil and maintain ditches or pipes and pumps.
- Operate and service farm machinery.
- Spray fertilizer or pesticide solutions to control insects, fungi, and weeds.
- Move shrubs, plants, and trees with wheelbarrows or tractors.