Procurement Intern Jobs In Canada
Canada is a country in the northern part of North America. Its ten provinces and three territories extend from the Atlantic to the Pacific and northward into the Arctic Ocean, covering 9.98 million square kilometres, making it the world’s second-largest country by total area
Jobs Summary :
A procurement intern assists a procurement clerk in all common duties a procurement clerk handles. A procurement clerk’s main duty is preparing purchase orders for ordering merchandise and supplies. To do this, an intern determines what goods are needed and if the goods are available in the company’s inventory.
- Overseeing and supervising employees and all activities of the purchasing department.
- Preparing plans for the purchase of equipment, services, and supplies.
- Following and enforcing the company’s procurement policies and procedures.
- Reviewing, comparing, analyzing, and approving products and services to be purchased.
- Managing inventories and maintaining accurate purchase and pricing records.
- High school diploma/GED.
- Degree in accounting, business management or a similar field preferred.
- 2+ years of experience as a Procurement Officer or in a similar position.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and purchasing software.
- Strong communication and negotiation skills.